Building an Orangery
The next step up from a conservatory would be an Orangery. As a high quality living space it rivals a “full blown” brick & mortar extension with ease.
Before taking the plunge and running off to get yourself one of those orangeries that feature in the lifestyle magazines, you should do some planning. It’s not like yo can buy one off the shelf & just plant it in your backyard.
- you will probably need planning permission
- you will need several design options & written quotations from potential contractors
- you may want to inform your neighbors first
- think about access for the construction workers & machinery
- what size do you want – what size do you need – what size can you actually fit
- furnishing – what are you going to put in it afterwards?
There are some companies that will project manage the whole job of building an orangery- shop around and see what you can find – a good start is here: www.orangerycosts.co.uk