Weddings at Clearwell Castle
For those attending weddings at Clearwell Castle it may help to know that The Wyndham is the closest accommodation.
For those wishing to stay overnight we offer;
- Access to the bedrooms usually from 11.00am for those booking directly with the hotel. If you do make a reservation, either online or by telephone, do mention that you are attending a wedding as we do try and service those rooms first.
- The bar is the largest in the village and is a ideal venue to meet with friends and relatives for a drink before the short walk to the Castle. The Terrace, overlooking the comings and goings of a rural village, is popular during the warmer weather or The Bar with its open log fireplace is a welcoming sight.
- Light meals are usually available from 12 noon as the luncheon is usually served some hours after the ceremony. Do make a reservation well in advance.
- Being so close, some guests pop back for a break in the long day or to get changed for the evening.
- Guests have their own keys to the Manor House or Annex so after The Wyndham is closed for the night they can still come and go as they please.
- Given sufficient notice a 'late bar' can be arranged for a nightcap after the party has finished at The Castle.
- The following morning The Bar is a popular venue again for guests and for those leaving the Castle to meet up for coffee and bid their farewells.
For The Best Rates Book On Line via the link at the top of the page
For those wishing to arrive the day before the wedding The Bar is a great place to gather and 'The Last Supper' dinners can be arranged to satisfy most numbers and budgets. Over time we have found it is the guests who travel to Clearwell the day before the wedding are the most relaxed and make the most of the day at Clearwell Castle.
Some guests do travel a significant distance to come for the wedding and we do encourage guests to stay an additional night to take full advantage of the local sights and attractions. These include; The Forest of Dean, The Wye Valley, Tintern Abbey, Symonds Yat to name a few. Please see 'Out and About' for more information.