A Cosy Hotel between The Forest of Dean and Wye Valley
Oozing with period features, log fires and rustic charm, The Wyndham Arms Hotel is situated in the picturesque village of Clearwell between the beautiful Wye Valley and the Royal Forest of Dean.
The hotel offers the closest accommodation to Clearwell Castle the famous wedding venue but is also ideal for those who enjoy walking, cycling and golfing in the Forest of Dean or simply wish for a romantic time away in a cosy inn with great food.
- If assistance will be required on arrival please contact us beforehand so to guarantee staff will be available.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- The hotel has 30 parking spaces
- We have car parking at the front of the hotel which is priotised for disabled
- Leading to the Hotel’s front door and reception is 5 steps however there is wheelchair access to the rear of the building
- The front doors of the hotel are 94cm wide.
- Assistance is provided wherever possible with parking and luggage.
The Manor House
- The reception desk is located to your left as you enter the reception area.
- The reception desk is 109cm high.
- On check in staff can brief you on our evacuation policy on request.
- The registration card can be enlarged if required
- The Bar area is located directly behind Reception
- The hotel restaurant is off to the left bar as you enter.
- The floors in the bar are wooden except for one large flat rug as you enter the room with the restaurant being a rugged and durable carpet suitable for wheel chairs.
- Public WC.
- There are separate toilet facilities provided for ladies and gents with the widths of the entrances being: 83cm
- Access to the toilets is level-entry to the right of reception with the floor being stone tiles.
- The floor surface in the toilets is tiled
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounge Areas
- Once through the front doors the reception area is level with access to the bar.
- There is however one step leading to the restaurant but we do have a ramp for this purpose.
- The bar counter is to the right upon entry
- Table service is offered throughout the dining areas.
- Lighting is a combination of natural and electric light
- Lighting levels can be increased if required
- We cater for most dietary needs, although prior warning is advised.
- There is no shop in the village or in walking distance however Coleford is a few minutes away via car. A middle sized town with shops, pharmacy’s and places to eat if needed.
- We have 6 rooms in the Main Manor House which can be accessed via the central staircase.
- We have 12 bedrooms located in our separate annex, 6 of which are on the ground floor and 6 are on the first floor.
- 2 of our ground floor rooms are priotised for disabled guests.
- There is one step up into the annex but there is ramp for this purpose.
- The annex entrance doors are 78cm wide which are appropriate for basic wheelchairs only.
- All room doors are 81 cm wide.
- All rooms are equipped with a telephone, fire alarm and smoke alarms.
- The bedrooms and bathrooms are generously proportioned but some provide more turning and transfer space than others.
- We try as far as possible to allocate bedrooms based upon individual guest needs.
- Emergency procedures are posted on the door to each bedroom and are explained upon check in for any disabled guests upon request.
- Every bedroom has television with its own remote control
- Flooring in all bedrooms are carpeted with vinyl flooring in the Bathrooms
- Bedroom lighting can be switched on at the entrance to the room and also within the room
- There are bedside lights
- There is a direct dial telephone in all bedrooms
- All rooms are non-smoking in compliance with current legislation
- Furniture within the rooms can be moved to improve accessibility even more.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC
- All bathrooms are fitted with non-slip floor tiles.
- Bathroom lighting is very bright and all sanitary ware is mostly white.
- A bath lift is available if required. Please ensure this highlighted whilst making your reservation.
- If you require any assistance during your stay please contact reception
- The Duty Manager can be contacted via reception and the phone in the rooms at all times.
- We have a general evacuation procedure with specific procedures for infirm or disabled guests and this will be explained upon check in, upon reqest.
- All housekeeping staff have been trained and are aware of procedures to aid privacy in bedrooms
- There is poor coverage for mobile phones throughout the hotel with Vodaphone being the best.
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the bar area (Subject to coverage availability).